My music magazine is about Indie and Rock, it is written to target Indie and Rock fans. It's house style will consist of ariel fonts and neutrual colours, also a reconisable layout throughout.The tone of the magazine will be serious but with a rebellious out look. This will appeal to the target reader as it will include bands to do with indie and rock and information about new bands and gigs that relevant to the style. This magazine will have a unique style to it and will stand out to its target audience.
on 06:35 by Sibbz
on 01:12 by Sibbz
Target audience survey
View more presentations from Jordan.
In conclusion to this survey, i will include in my magazine these things -
- A freebie on the front of my magazine. This freebie will be a CD. It will be situated at the bottom, third left, so that the buyer will see it and catch there eye of interest.
-Ii will include in the skyline, on the frint cover, information on upcomeing gigs and festivals.
-My magazines story will be about a new CD release from a newly signed on artists and an exclusive photoshoot and interveiw with them, which will be featured on the front as well.
- On the contents page i will include reveiws of bands, gigs, festivals, CD releases,new bands on the scene, recommended bands to see, merchandise that can be purchased and special offers. Also on the contents, i can have an advertisment.
- Also adding to the contents i can have a storyline that says 'top 5 music video websites'
-For the advertisement i could adertise the magazines offical group on facebook and myspace to gain readership of the magazine.
- Another headline for the contents can be about were people can find new bands and artists.
- The majority of people who took my survey onlt paid a bare minimum of £10 on physical and downloaded music. To add to the contents can have a story about ' best way to access cheap/free music' .
-I will need to add a barcode and price for the magazine which will be priced at £3 as it will include a free CD.
- My magazine will need to have some sort of genre to it. i can see from my survey that the most popular of genres was indie and rock, which i can combine together as they aere similar and make it and indie and rock music magazine .
on 01:55 by Sibbz
on 12:49 by Sibbz
on 16:21 by Sibbz
on 15:42 by Sibbz
on 04:44 by Sibbz
on 02:09 by Sibbz
on 03:23 by Sibbz
Creating the front cover
on 09:43 by Sibbz
I forgot to introduce myself and that on my first post so i might aswell do it now. Hey, Im Jordan or Friends call me Sibbz for short. Am studying A levels at City College and this blog is for my As Media Studies. Am enjoying it so far and finding it easy to settle in even though still trying to get the hang of sorting out time to do homework and such. But anyways this is for my media portfolio. (:
Completed Task 8!!! - I have made a powerpoint for my CD Montage. In this I have explained a few of the CD's that I selected. Enjoy (:
on 12:54 by Sibbz
Finally got signed up to all the website i need to help me with this portfolio. Think some will come in useful, don't know about Twitter, there isn't much to it. These were task's 1-6 in the booklet, so completed those today.
Also completes task 7, which was to create a collage of our favourite CD covers. So i selected these covers shown below in my collage. There is a range of genres, but i like the covers of them as they are all different and interesting. I put this together using photoshop. By saving the CD covers from google images, then opening them up into photoshop.We had to unlock the images by double clicking on the lock, in the sidebar beside the image selected. By unlocking it i was then able to drag it into the blank canvas for my collage. I then rearrange the covers in an interesting way but so that they are still visable to see.I save this as a JPG. Next task is to make a powerpoint and explain the effects etc of the CD covers.